Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Now in Technicolor! ... mostly

Paper Smooches images and sentiment. 

Hello! Happy Wednesday to you! Well, I don't know if it was an overload of Netflix or a mild case of West Nile, but I suddenly decided to thinly slice pieces of Basics paper to create a rainbow background... and then hacked at another sheet to make that purple rectangle on the side. It was so much color that when I went to color the images, I decided against it a la Wizard of Oz - at the beginning. Oh, speaking of Wizard of Oz, this week's challenge at Songbird Challenges is "Over the Rainbow." The Crafting When We Can challenge is also rainbow this week. Between the two, I stumped for quite some time... I just didn't know what to do with that until it hit me suddenly while looking at the Paper Smooches challenge, which is inspired by this image:




I don't know... I thought those thin lines of lighter color in the paper were reminiscent of the square, pixilated look on the sofa. I feel like the card is missing something, but I'm not sure what... That silver "sunflower" in the corner makes me happy, though. All the flowers are from the Recollections collection. They have a Recollections pearl inside them and are held together with glue dots. You might not be able to tell, but the fluffy creature is popped and I colored it with glitter pen.

Ok, hope you have a lovely day ... and keep it crafty!

5 comments:

  1. Great card, I love your flowers and that sofa looks fab.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kibbi - great interpretation of the challenge photo! I love the way you created the rainbow using strips of paper. Thank you so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love your lovely rainbow of colours! great card and fab details! thankyou so much for playing along at songbird challenges! hope to see you again! :)
    Hugs
    Jacqui P x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rainbow background that you created! It's perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your rainbow papers!!! FAB take on this picture inspiration! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete